الثلاثاء، 26 نوفمبر 2013

Son of God, what does it mean?

 ‏‎Answering Christanity‎‏ من قبل ‏‏‎Koki Noor‎‏‏.
Son of God, what does it mean?


We have collected some verses from the Bible (Old Testament and New Testament) to help clearifying the meaning of ” Son of God.” God addressed some of his special people as “Son of God” or “children of God.” It is also documented in the Bible that some Prophets have addressed some priests and good followers as “Son of God” or “Children of God.” .


Adam is a son of God

(Genealogy of Jesus)…”the son of Seth,

the son of Adam, the son of God.”
Luke 3:38

Israel (Jacob)
“Then say to Pharaoh, ‘This is what the Lord says:
Israel is my firstborn son.”
Exodus 4:22

David

“He is the one who will build a house for my Name,
and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever.
I will be his father, and he will be my son.”
2 Samuel 7:13-4

Ephraim

“They will come with weeping;
they will pray as I ring them back.
I will lead them beside streams of water
on a level path where they will not stumble,
because I am Israel’s father,
and Ephraim is my firstborn son.”
Jeremiah 31:9

A Pious Follower

“I will proclaim the decree of the Lord:
He said to me, “You are my Son;
today I have become your Father.”
Psalm 2:7

Melchizedek the Priest

“Without father or mother, without genealogy,
without beginning of days or end of life,
like the Son of God he remains a priest forever.”
Hebrews 7:3

Addressing people as the children / son of God:

“You are the children of the Lord your God.”
Deuteronomy 14:1

“I said, ‘You are “gods’;

you are all sons of the Most High.”
Psalm 82:6

“Blessed are the peacemakers,

for they will be called sons of God.”
Matthew 5:9

“…,to them gave he power to become the sons of God,…”
John 1:12

“But love your enemies, do good to them,
and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.
Then your reward will be great,
and you will be sons of the Most High,
because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.”
Luke 6:35

“But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven.”
Matthew 5:44-5

“Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.”
Matthew 4:48

“I will be a Father to you,
and you will be my sons and daughters,
says the Lord Almighty.”
2 Corinthians 6:18

…“,because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.”
Romans 8:14

….“they will be called ‘sons of the living God.”
Hosea 1:10

“When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance,
when he separated the sons of men, he fixed the bounds of
the peoples according to the number of the sons of God.”
Deuteronomy 32:8

“You are the sons of the Lord your God;
you shall not cut yourselves or make any baldness on your foreheads for the dead.”
Deuteronomy 14:1


=================
 — مع ‏‎Brendan Simpson‎‏.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق