الأحد، 13 ديسمبر 2015

bank

London Muslims
3 ساعة
"A few days ago, I was with my daughter, using our Oyster cards to go through the gates on the Tube, and there was this guy in a wheelchair.
He asked me for help, to push him to the bus station. He was a clean-shaven white guy and I’m an Arab with a beard. I said,
“Of course I will help you, and I’m so happy you asked me".
It was a little bit uphill and I pushed him all the way and I was talking to him. Fourteen years I’ve been controlled, 14 years I haven’t talked to a normal human being, and here is somebody who will talk to me, who isn’t scared. I was so happy because I felt like, yes, this is it, I’m back."
(Shaker Aamer)
On another occasion, Aamer remembers a conversation he had with a bank teller when he went to open a bank account.
Teller: “OK, Mr Aamer, where did you live three years ago?”
Aamer replied: "I was living in America."
Teller: “Beautiful, for how long?”
Aamer: "For the past 14 years."
Teller: “OK, could you please give me the address?”
Aamer: “I was in Guantanamo for 14 years.”
Aamer thought the bank teller was going to speak to his manager due to the shock but he took his hand and said: “I am honoured to talk to you. Listen, just come here anytime if you need any help.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق