السبت، 16 أبريل 2016

The mission of Jesus. (PBUH)

‏‏‎Truth of Bible and Christianity by ROAD to Jannah‎‏ مع ‏‎Rhima Ismael‎‏ و‏‏38‏ آخرين‏‏.
The mission of Jesus. (PBUH)
In 721 B.C.E the Jewish kingdom of Israel faced defeat at the hands of the Assyrians. Scattered abroad with their Temple destroyed, the Jews turned their focus onto the Law. Monotheism was once again lost, but this time in an ever increasing maze of elaborate rites and rituals. It was this situation that was present in the world when Jesus received his calling from God. Upon beginning his ministry at the approximate age of 30, Jesus made it clear that his mission from God was to get the Jews back on track:
"For the son of man is come to save that which was lost." (Matthew 18:11)
"For I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” (Matthew
15:24)
Jesus also made it clear just what God wanted him to do :
"For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, He gave me
a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak" (John 12:49)
"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets. I am not come
to destroy but to fulfill." (Matthew 5:17)
A careful study of Jesus' words will show that, contrary to what Christians may think, Jesus had no intention of starting a new religion; he only came to reiterate the message that God had given to all prophets before him: man was to obey God's Laws and worship Him alone.
At no time during his ministry did Jesus claim to be anything more than a human being, inspired by God. Indeed, he referred to himself as the son of man, and made it clear, in a number of verses throughout the Gospel, that he was merely a Messenger of God
Was Jesus' Mission a success?
"Why callest thou me good? There is none good but One, that is God." (Mark
10:18)
"...whosoever receives me, receives not me, but Him who sent me." (Mark
9:37)
"And this is life eternal, that they might know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom Thou has sent." (John 17:3)
"Now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard from God." (John 8:40)
"I ascend unto my Father and your Father, my God and your God." (John
20:17)
Despite all his efforts--wonderful words backed up with some pretty nifty miracles--Jesus was soundly rejected, especially by his own people.
Three years after he began his ministry, he was arrested and charged with sedition and blasphemy. Success had eluded him, at the end of his life on earth; he left behind only a mere handful of followers, not more than 500 at most.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق