الأربعاء، 10 أغسطس 2016

I am an American woman

‏‏‎The Deen Show‎‏ مع ‏‎Lafir Thasneem‎‏ و‏‏12‏ آخرين‏‏.
I am an American woman who was born in the midst of America's "Heartland." I grew up, just like any other girl, being fixated with the glamour of life in "the big city." Eventually, I moved to Florida and on to South Beach of Miami, a hotspot for those seeking the "glamorous life." Naturally, I did what most average Western girls do. I focused on my appearance and appeal, basing my self-worth on how much attention I got from others. I worked out religiously and became a personal trainer, acquired an upscale waterfront residence, became a regular "exhibiting" beach-goer and was able to attain a "living-in-style" kind of life.
Years went by, only to realize that my scale of self-fulfillment and happiness slid down the more I progressed in my "feminine appeal." I was a slave to fashion. I was a hostage to my looks.
Read More:
http://thedeenshow.com/…/why-i-shed-bikini-for-hijab-the-ne…
Sara Bokker is a former American ‪#‎actress‬‪#‎model‬‪#‎fitness‬ instructor, and (and now) an ‪#‎activist‬. She is an ‪#‎Americanwoman‬, who had lived in Florida and on the ‪#‎SouthBeach‬ of Miami. She abandoned her ‪#‎bikini‬, a symbol of her liberty as she used to perceive it, for the ‪#‎Hijab‬.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق