السبت، 3 ديسمبر 2016

on the train


"Today I was sitting on the train and as usual there was the odd few people staring at me, which i don't mind, as some do it out of curiosity, maybe feeling sorry for me, or even out of hate due to their ignorance.
So there was this one woman I noticed in particular sitting opposite me. I could see from the corner of my eye that she was looking at for me for a while. Everytime I'd glance back at her to smile, she would quickly look away. as funny as it may seem she wasn't very good at disguising it.
Anyways, the glances kept exchanging back and forth throughout the journey until I gave up trying to make an effort.
I guessed we came to her stop when she picked up her bag and stood up. To my surprise she then leaned forward towards me and slipped a folded note into my hands.
for a split second I was scared of the thought of even opening it, not knowing what to expect. is it a childish attempt at mocking me? a death threat? or maybe chewed piece of gum folded inside. So I looked around confused.
I opened it, and to my suprise it was the most beautiful and heart warming 15 worded note I've ever read in my life... (You look beautiful in your veil just like the full moon in the night sky, Alice)
This incident made me think that in a world that may often seem harsh, full of war and conflict, there might still be some hope.
May Allah guide her to Islam and may we be a means of establishing peace in this world. AMEEN."
VIA | Ruksana Ali (Umm Abdullah)
أعجبني
تعليق Hootle

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق