الثلاثاء، 10 يناير 2017

Have a cup & Let's "TALK ABOUT IT"


Have a cup & Let's "TALK ABOUT IT"
Today I read this online and I had to STOP . . WOW!
What are we missing these days??
Read . .
Well spending time standing in line in the bank with my father I couldn't resist myself so I asked him,
"Dad why don't you activate your internet banking?"
He turned to me and replied, "Son, why should I?"
I promptly began to explain the many time savers of online business.
"Well, to begin with you wouldn't have to be standing here for an hour in line at the bank!
You wouldn't have to leave your house to get groceries, stores deliver to your door."
He asked me, so you mean if I do that I wouldn't have to even leave my house at all?
''Yup! That's right dad."
But then what he replied back to me really made me stop and think. WOW!
Where are we today this is what he said:
''My soon, since I entered this bank today, I have met four of my friends, I have chatted a while with the staff who know me very well by now.
You know I'm alone...
This is the company that I need. I like to get ready and come to the bank. I have enough time, it is the physical touch that I crave.
Two years back I got sick, The store owner from whom I buy fruits, came to see me and sat by my bedside and cried.
When your Mom fell down few days back while on her morning walk. Our local grocer saw her and immediately got his car to rush her home as he knows where I live.
Would I have that 'human' touch if everything became online?
Why would I want everything delivered to me and force me to interact with just my computer?
I like to know the person that I'm dealing with and not just the 'seller'.
It creates bonds. Relationships.
Does Amazon deliver all this too?'''
_____________________
Technology isn't life.
(Is it?)
Spend time with people. Not with devices.
أعجبني
تعليق

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق