الجمعة، 27 يناير 2017

If Jesus is God then why did he say "'I am ascending to my Father and YOUR Father, to MY GOD and YOUR GOD.'"??

Cal Amyotte
If Jesus is God then why did he say "'I am ascending to my Father and YOUR Father, to MY GOD and YOUR GOD.'"??
John 20:17 is a verse in the Gospel of John in the New Testament. It contains Jesus' response to Mary Magdalene right after he confronts her just outside his tomb after his resurrection. According to the longer ending of Mark's Gospel (Mark 16:9) Mary Magdalene is the first person to whom Jesus shows himself alive after his resurrection.
Greek text:
λέγει αὐτῇ Ἰησοῦς· μή μου ἅπτου, οὔπω γὰρ ἀναβέβηκα πρὸς τὸν
πατέρα· πορεύου δὲ πρὸς τοὺς ἀδελφούς μου καὶ εἰπὲ αὐτοῖς ἀναβαίνω πρὸς
τὸν πατέρα μου καὶ πατέρα ὑμῶν καὶ θεόν μου καὶ θεὸν ὑμῶν.
In the King James Version of the Bible the text reads:
Jesus saith to her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended
to my Father; but go to my brethren, and say to them,
I ascend to my Father and your Father, and to my God and your God.
The English Standard Version translates the passage as:
Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended
to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them,
'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق