الجمعة، 24 يونيو 2016

---------------- I and my Father are one ------------------

Answering Christanity
---------------- I and my Father are one ------------------
This is the most common verse, which you will find Christians quoting in order to show that Jesus claimed divinity. It is a quotation from John 10:30
When you ask Christians about the context of this verse, you will NOT come across a Christian who can tell you the context without opening the Bible. For context read from verse 23. John 10:23-30
23 and Jesus was in the temple area walking in Solomon's Colonnade.
24 The Jews gathered around him, saying, "How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly."
25. Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me,
This is the first charge by the Jews that Jesus (pbuh) was speaking ambiguously.
26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep.
27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.
29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and the Father are one."
Verse 28 says that “No one can snatch them out of my hand” verse 29 says “No one can snatch them out of my father’s hand” then verse 30 says that “I and the Father are one”
It is one in purpose. In context, we come to know that Jesus is saying that once the person has believed. God and I both see to it that the person remains in faith. In purpose, they both are one.
If, someone still insists that its one in Trinity or One person. Then let’s read further.
“21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us:” (John 17:21)
“One” used in both the verses John 10:30 and John 17:21 is the same
Its “heis” hice
Now if someone insists that it is One in a trinity than you should change trinity into another concept meaning 14 gods. God Almighty, Jesus (pbuh) and twelve disciples.
Lets read after verse 30. John verses 31-35
31 Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him,
The Jews wanted to kill him for good riddance. Jesus (pbuh) gives the reply.
32 but Jesus said to them, "I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?"
33 "We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.
This is the second charge by the Jews that Jesus (pbuh) claimed divinity and anyone who blasphemes should be put to death according to the Jewish Law (Leviticus 24:16). But Jesus (pbuh) gives them the answer.
"34 Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'?
He is quoting from Psalms 82:6
Psalm 82:6 "I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.'
John 10:35 If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came-- and the Scripture cannot be broken--
Jesus (pbuh) is telling them that in the language of the Jews. Prophets are called as “god.” (Exodus 7:1) Other people are called as “gods” and you do not take exception to it than why do you take exception when I am making a far inferior claim of being the son of God.
This explanation is sufficient to prove that Jesus (pbuh) did NOT claim divinity when he said, “I and my Father are one”

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق