الخميس، 29 ديسمبر 2016

I studied Islam for about a yea

‏‏‎WhyIslam‎‏ مع ‏‎Tofiq Nur‎‏ و‏‏3‏ آخرين‏‏.
(2/2)
"I studied Islam for about a year, read the qur’an in translation cover-to-cover, and gave up pork and drinking, fasted during Ramadan, went to Friday prayer, and began learning how to pray – all before converting. At some point someone asked me “why haven’t you taken the shahada?” He told me, “you have conviction in God and his prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and you do Muslim actions, what’s stopping you from taking the final step?” At this point, I was firm in my belief and I had learned enough to know that Islam was the truth and that the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) called us to peaceful submission to one God, as did all previous prophets such as Jesus, Moses, and Abraham. I went home and asked myself what was holding me back. I realized that I was afraid of how my family might react and that they might perhaps see it as a rejection of my Sicilian culture and Catholic upbringing. Then I came to the conclusion that any negativity from people is temporary. This entire life is temporary but the afterlife is for eternity. I took my shahada and a year later I told my parents that I was Muslim. Alhamdulillah my parents were very accepting of my conversion and have provided me with incredible support and love. And in regards to my Sicilian culture, Islam has not erased it. Instead, it has beautified it. Many elements of Sicilian culture complement Islam very well but as with anything we should try to take the good and leave the bad. God made us “into nations and tribes so that we may come to know one another.”
(For any non-Muslims reading this, the shahada is the declaration of faith in front of witnesses and the way to become Muslim by saying “La Illaha IllAllah Muhammadur RasullAllah.”)

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق