الخميس، 26 سبتمبر 2013

why women of all people choose to become Muslim?!

‏‎iERA‎‏ من قبل ‏‎Koki Noor‎‏.
Have you ever wondered why women of all people choose to become Muslim?!

Well, my name is Fatima Barkatulla and I am the busy mother of 4 children. I’m a journalist and a Londoner born and bred and this is a chance for you to hear from me; a Muslim woman, in my own words, how Islam affects my experience of womanhood.

You see the thing is, the way I see my role as a woman is completely linked tothe conclusions I’ve come to about the meaning of life – and they are very rational, common sense conclusions. That the Universe has a cause – a Creator and that Creator sent us guidance and created us with a purpose that is not merely materialistic. That the Creator sent us a manual to guide us through life and an extraordinary individual – Muhammad (upon whom be peace) – to teach us that way of life.

When I realised the truth about the purpose of my life by reading the Qur’an, I found it to be incredibly empowering. It empowered me by telling me not to be subservient to created things: to men, to the media, to fashion, to what other people think and dictate to me. It showed me that the way to be free from subservience to created things was to submit to my Creator. That’s exactly what Islam means: submission to our Creator. Thats the only way human beings will find peace. As the Qur’an says: “Surely in Allah’s remembrance do the hearts find peace.” (13:28)

Keep reading my story at www.onereason.org/secrets and don't forget to share!

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق