الأحد، 11 مارس 2018

I would like to talk about my mama


Converts to Islam
ساعتانI would like to talk about my mama. There is so much I can say about her, so so so much that I admire about her. She has persevered through traumas no person should go through, yet after everything she still stands strong.
More personally; when I finally told my mama that I wanted to convert to Islam, her response was “if this is what makes you happy, then you should do it.” Even through all the negativity with which Islam is discussed in the public sphere, through all the stereotypes which portray it as a barbaric, hateful faith, she supported me. She saw through all the misconceptions that are so prominent about Islam and trusted that I knew what I was doing.The moment I explained how much Islam and its history and teachings helped me, she was supportive, actively so. She has pushed other people in my life to accept my choice, she has even pushed them to accept my hijab. She has bought book after book for me about Islamic architecture, Islamic history, purely because she knows I love Islam. If my character accords at all to what Islam teaches about character, then I owe much of that to my mama for inspiring me with her kindness, her generosity, her open mindedness, her entire being.”

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق