الأحد، 1 يوليو 2018

So this happened yesterday.

So this happened yesterday. I get off the stage and this brother hugs me with a couple of tears in his eyes and says "every word you said" in my ear. I didn't know who he was at first because I didn't get a good look at him before he hugged me. Then I immediately realized after the hug that he was none other than Chadwick Boseman (the main actor in Black Panther). We talked for a while about what he could do, what true impact meant, and of course how El Hajj Malik El-Shabazz Malcolm X believed in Wakanda in the true sense when connecting the African American struggle to Africa particularly in his last year of his life. (I actually sent him this https://muslimmatters.org/…/01/reclaiming-malcolm-xs-legacy/)
I haven't met many celebrities that seemed to be this genuinely humble. A true superhero uses his platform to uplift those who have no voice. I appreciate his presence yesterday, and more importantly his heart and potential.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق