الثلاثاء، 30 أبريل 2013

Generation gap!!!

تحديث الحالة
بواسطة ‏‎Islam Religion‎‏
Question....Generation gap!!!!? Assalamualaikum , I am 18, My parents fail to understand me, I cannot get along with them. They don't buy I-phone for me, though they can afford. They keep on bothering me " Dont miss your prayers ? Be aware of shirk !" I feel irritated. I pray five times and never commit shirk but this type of poking irritates me.. I think it is a generation gap..

Walaykumussalam....It is not a generation gap but a communication gap from your side. Your parents know that you don't need I-Phone, and they do not want to cultivate a habit in you of extra vagance, spending where not required. They do not want you to be a brother of Shaytan as the Qur'an warns .. and do not be a spendthirft, spendthrifts are brothers of shaytan and shaytan is towards his Lord 'kafoora'.. Now kafoora means to be ungrateful. So your parents are right. Don't buy an I phone if you don't need it.

Regarding your irritation.. it is also form Shaytan. This noble gesture of your parents specially father is in accordance to the noble concerns of all the Prophets . Refer to Surah Baqarah, verse 132. And when Ibrahim a.s. was on his death bed he called upon his sons and told them.. Oh My sons, Allah has chosen the faith for you so do not die except in the state of Islam.. and who were his sons? Two prophets, Ismail and Is'haq (pbut) Did the sons say , O dear father we our selves are Prophets, would we commit shirk? NO! neither they approached any Nisaar Sir complaining about their father...

Note the other Prophet too, Yaqub a.s. He asked his sons when he was on death bed.. Whom wil you worship after me? The sons included Yusuf.. a.s. He too was a prophet but didnt say O Father ! Do you not trust our faith? NO..He replied we will worship the Lord of Abraham and I Ismail and Is'haq ( pbut).

If you study the Qur'an.. genuine affection of fathers is reflected in the concern of the akhera of their sons and they performed their fatherly duty till the last breathe of their life. Both the above prophets spoke to their sons when they were on death bed. It means through out their life. They didnt discard theri duty thinking that "Oh! Now my son is grown up.. he can understand the difference between good and bad"..

Study the story of Prophet Noah a.s. He appealed to his sons till the son died on kufr.. study Surah Luqman.. the Qur'an honours Luqman with the title Luqman the wise..what wisdom?... The first advice he gives to his son.. Ya bunnaya.. O my son !Do not do shirk.

You are lucky to have such parents and they are not poking you but they are concerned about your akhera. So respond them by following the instruction of the Quran : So be grateful to Me ( Allah ) and your parents.. Surah luqman ch 31 verse 14....

Nisaar Nadiadwala can be responded at nisaar_yususf@yahoo.com

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق