الجمعة، 9 أبريل 2021

The truth about Jesus

 

تمت إضافة ‏صورة جديدة‏ بواسطة ‏‎
Ask A Muslim
‎‏.

The truth about Jesus
Muslims respect and love Jesus as a great messenger of God. Mary, the mother of Jesus, even has a chapter of the Qur’an named after her, an honour not bestowed on her in the New Testament and has details about the lives of Jesus and Mary that are not found in the New Testament. Here is what the Qur’an has to say about Jesus and his mother Mary:
The birth of Jesus:
God informs us in the Qur’an that one day Mary was given glad tidings by an angel of a special son she would give birth to:
The angels said, ‘Mary, God gives you news of a Word from Him, whose name will be the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, who will be held in honour in this world and the next, who will be one of those brought near to God. [3:45]
Mary reacts with surprise, for she had led a chaste life. This was to be a miraculous virgin birth:
She said, ‘My Lord, how can I have a son when no man has touched me?’ [The angel] said, ‘This is how God creates what He will: when He has ordained something, He only says, “Be”, and it is.’ [3:47]
This child would perform miracles from the cradle, be full of wisdom and righteous in the eyes of God:
He will speak to people in his infancy and in his adulthood. He
will be one of the righteous… He will teach him the Scripture and
wisdom, the Torah and the Gospel [3:46-48]
When Mary became pregnant with Jesus, she withdrew herself from her people. She knew they would accuse her of having committed fornication:
“And so it was ordained: she conceived him. She withdrew to a distant place.” [19:22]
When she went into labour, she was in great pain and utter despair. Then God, out of His mercy, provided her with sustenance:
And, when the pains of childbirth drove her to [cling to] the trunk
of a palm tree, she exclaimed, ‘I wish I had been dead and forgotten long before all this!’ but a voice cried to her from below, ‘Do not worry: your Lord has provided a stream at your feet and, if you shake the trunk of the palm tree towards you, it will deliver fresh ripe dates for you.’ [19:23-25]
God informed her that, when she returns to her people, she should not speak a word to them:
So eat, drink, be glad, and say to anyone you may see: ‘I have
vowed to the Lord of Mercy to abstain from conversation, and I will not talk to anyone today’ [19:26]
Mary returned to her people. They confirmed her fears by implying she had committed fornication.
She went back to her people carrying the child, and they said,
‘Mary! You have done something terrible! Sister of Aaron! Your
father was not an evil man; your mother was not unchaste!’ [19:27-8]
Mary remained true to God’s command. Honouring God’s instructions to remain silent, Mary pointed to baby Jesus who proceeded to defend his mother’s honour and proclaim his Prophethood:
She pointed at him. They said, ‘How can we converse with an
infant?’ [But] he said: ‘I am a servant of God. He has granted me
the Scripture; made me a prophet; made me blessed wherever I
may be. He commanded me to pray, to give alms as long as I live to cherish my mother. He did not make me domineering or graceless.Peace was on me the day I was born, and will be on me the day I die and the day I am raised to life again.’ [19:29-33]
The miracles of Jesus:
The Qur’an affirms many of the miracles that Jesus performed in the New Testament:
“...I will heal the blind and the leper, and bring the dead back
to life with God’s permission; I will tell you what you may eat and what you may store up in your houses. There truly is a sign for you in this, if you are believers” [3:49].
Despite numerous miracles this is not a reason to attribute divinity to Jesus. The Qur’an states that God gifted His messengers with amazing signs in order to bring their people to faith:
“We sent Our messengers with clear signs…” [57:25]
“We gave Jesus, son of Mary, clear signs and strengthened him with the Holy Spirit.” [2:87]
Despite having no earthly father, this does not make Jesus divine.The Qur’an puts forward a powerful argument:
Indeed, the example of Jesus to Allah is like that of Adam. He created Him from du
لا يتوفر وصف للصورة.
تعليق واحد
أعجبني
تعليق

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق