الخميس، 25 مارس 2021

“Before Abraham was born, I am!”*

 

*⬛🟫“Before Abraham was born, I am!”*
✝️ *Christians consider this as a proof that Jesus is God because he is eternal.* However this language was common in the Bible and it only means that he was in God’s foreknowledge, same as what was told about Jeremiah and Paul:
👀👇🏾
Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the belly I knew you , and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified you ; I have appointed you a prophet unto the nations.
⭕Ephesian 1:4 *even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blemish before him in love:*
◼️The context also proves this when he said before:
👀👇🏾
⭕John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day; and he saw it, and was glad. 57 The Jews therefore said unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham❓ 58 *⭕Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was born, I am.*
◼️Jesus pbuh meant here is that Abraham pbuh rejoiced when he knew that Jesus will be from his descendants, and this is clear through the word *⭕“when he saw my day”, he didn’t say: ”when he saw me”*, this clearly means that he just meant that Abraham knew that he will be raised one day, so he was rejoiced for that day.
◼️The word *“I AM”* doesn’t claim divinity, anyone can say I am. The word *“ego eimi”* if it really meant Jehovah, it wouldn’t have been translated but it would have been written as Jehovah, especially when we see that the same word *⭕“ego eimi”* used by others as the beggar for example:
👀👇🏾👇🏾
🟦John 9:9 Some said, *“It is he.” Others said, “No, but he is like him.”* He kept saying, *“I am the man.”*
◼️Is the beggar God❓ Of course not, but it actually means *“I am the Messiah”, and this is very clear in his conversation with Samaritan woman:*
John 4:25 *⭕The woman saith unto him, I know that Messiah cometh (he that is called Christ): when he is come, he will declare unto us all things. 26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto you am he.*
◼️Another translation writes it that way:
👀👇🏾
⭕(MKJV) Jesus said to her, *I AM*, the One speaking to you.
⭕This is a very clear proof that Jesus didn’t mean to Jehovah by this word, and the context can show that as explained above.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق