الخميس، 15 فبراير 2018

My Mum and Dad just dropped me off at the airport.

‏‎ILoveAllaah.com‎‏ مع ‏‎Syiam Shoum‎‏ و‏‏3‏ آخرين‏.
My Mum and Dad just dropped me off at the airport.
Last night my Dad brought me my laundry. And my thawbs. All ironed by himself. Don't hate. Appreciate. smile emoticon
This last week my Mum has been sending food and shopping and this and that and frankly, I had to tell her to chill. You know, Mum overload an' all dat.
Only the most ignorant of adults will claim they have repaid their debt to their parents for raising them, driven to such a silly statement because they might be living with you in your home, or you pay their bills in their home, or you do other things for them or you are running out of patience with their deficiencies during their old age.
Reflect on this: we are utterly dependent upon them before birth, during birth, after birth and then through childhood. Then we leave for a while, learn the hard way and then come crawling back anyway. We then use them throughout our lives. And then when they pass, we will use the inheritance they leave for us gratefully.
I am no different. In fact I would say I am as dependent on my parents right now as ever before. You wouldn't imagine the kinds of stuff they both do for me. I still get cash from Dad lol, and I still need Mum for all kinds of stuff. And I will not be fake enough to say I won't really put my inheritance to good use as well. In birth, in life, in death: total dependency and need for my parents.
Whatever I try and do of birr - obedience, kindness and excellence to my parents - it will never *ever* be enough to repay my debt of gratitude to them. That goes for all of you as well regardless of how bad or good your relationship is with them. Those who have studied al-Adab al-Mufrad, will understand this. Those who get the rhetoric behind the hadith of finding your father as a slave and freeing him, will understand this.
And that's why you are *commanded* to make plenty of du'a for them. To Allah. Always. And forever. "And SAY, "O my Lord, have mercy upon them!"" Because your actions and words of gratitude to them will never quite cut it.
Via ~ Abu Eesa

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق